When replacing your Freightliner radiator, there are a number of things you need to consider in order to ensure proper fit and performance.
The best way to guarantee you order the correct part is by providing the OE number of the original radiator. This is the easiest and fastest way to make sure you are crossing to the proper aftermarket Freightliner radiator. As easy as that sounds, unfortunately not everyone has that information readily available.
If that's the situation you find yourself in, here are some helpful tips to get you back on the road quickly.
First, start by identifying the make, model and year of your truck. Once you have that information, the professionals at American Radiator can help you narrow down your search results. Some information you'll need to have ready to order your Freightliner Radiator include:
- Is the radiator a plastic/aluminum or copper/brass, bolt-together design
- Core size of the original radiator (this includes the horizontal and vertical measurement of the core itself, inside the top and bottom headers)
- Does the current radiator have a cooler located in the tank
- Placement of the necks or connectors
- Outside dimensions of the necks or connectors
- When the radiator is mounted in the truck, is it a downflow design (tanks on the top and bottom) or is it a crossflow design (tanks on the sides)
Once this information has been identified, you can quickly narrow down your search results for a Freightliner Radiator.
It's always a good idea as the last step to match the picture of the radiator on our website to the original radiator in your truck.
And don't forget there are a number of ways to for American Radiator to help when replacing your Freightliner Radiator. You can view Freightliner radiators and product information online 24/7 at radiatorpros.com, use our online chat service during regular business hours for fast and accurate response, or call us at 866.920.2220 Monday through Friday 7am - 6pm and Saturday from 8am - Noon.